Thursday, October 23, 2014

Entertainment Matters: Poetry Matters: On Missing the 12:05 - Original



For many years the following quote has been pinned above my desk:
Let us remember…that in the end we go to poetry for one reason, so that we might more fully inhabit our lives and the world in which we live them, and that if we more fully inhabit these things, we might be less apt to destroy both. - Christian Wiman, Editor, Poetry
Recently, I've picked up to the tools of poetry to build my own houses in places I want to more fully inhabit. Typically these poems are written for an audience of one, usually the muse who inspired the song. I will offer them here in the pages of Entertainment Matters and I hope you find a resting place within each verse.

On Missing the 12:05

My watch says that I am on time
But as I reach the platform 
I hear the train doors chime
Chaste calm turns to storm
When we lock eyes 
An oblivious crew
Leaves with
You

No comments: