Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Crossword Matters: Read-A-Book - Clue Bus

The clues for this week's crossword puzzle come from my unique perceptive and history and my peculiar taste in pop culture. So if you know me a little bit too well you know where I'm coming from and where I'm going with these clues and you are already on my proverbial "Clue Bus." If you are not intimately aware of every detail of my life then the weekly "Clue Bus" post for each crossword puzzle will help bring you up to speed.

For example, 63 down, "Oregano Advocacy Group" is immediately decipherable if we are Facebook friends and you've read about my job history (recounted here, briefly)

"Clue Bus" clue #1
The American Spice Trade Association was founded in 1907 during the great Pepper and Oregano conflict of that summer. Oregano, a relatively new herb in the seasoning game, wanted to be on every table in America right next to the obligatory Salt and Pepper shakers. Pepper, one of the oldest players in the game, went on a rampage converting itself into a deadly spray called "Mace," and launching itself into the face of anyone buying, selling, or trading Oregano.
The complete harrowing story is available on Facebook.

If you've never worked in an IT department or are not a super geek, many of my clues, such as this week's 45 down, "I can ___ cheezburger" will make no sense. The image below and all of the images here will get you on the "Clue Bus" and make you much nerdier/happier.

"Clue Bus" clue #2

Finally, this week's 8 down, "Ruth" hints at my eleven years on evangelical Christian schooling which, shockingly, not everyone has had. I suggest reading the entire Bible if you plan on continuing to solve my puzzles

"Clue Bus" clue #3 : Ruth was the mother of Jesse who was the father of David.

This week's solved puzzle will be posted on Thursday. Happy solving!

No comments: